"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, April 17, 2008

'Slogging'

Sorry for slacking on my blog lately--apparently it's 'Week of the Young Child,' so our PAT group has 'celebrated by having about 10 events this week. Plus our own family field trips and a birthday--I don't feel like I've accomplished much. So welcome to my random round-up of posts today. :) And blogger has been giving me fits--more so than ever before!

It was me this time--I'm the one who stocked up on $2.00 a bag cereal. :) What can I say, my hubby has taught me well.

Here are a couple cute books we've read lately: (pics to come once blogger is working again)
Over In the Meadow by John Langstaff: cute rhyme about animal families and counting. llama, llama, red pajama by Anna Dewdney is about a llama who doesn't want to be in his room by himself at bedtime--yes, I can totally relate! Plus it's just fun to say llama and pajama and mama over and over again. :) An excerpt after the little llama just cried bloody murder:

Baby Llama, what a tizzy!
Sometimes Mama's very busy.
Please stop all this llama drama
and be patient for
your mama.


2 comments:

betsyann said...

That llama book sounds great. I'll have to look it up. I like it that you let us know what you're reading. Anna and I don't get to the library nearly as much as I'd like, and when we do, she's so excited that she just grabs the first 5 books she sees and puts them in the bag. Hopefully this summer we'll do better.

Melanie said...

My kids usually just grab the first books they see, too. So it's the luck of the draw. We've ended up with some pretty lame books--I can't believe what can get published, sometimes!