"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, May 26, 2008

Screening Movies

So, ideally, I'd have time to pre-watch any movie I want to show my kids to make sure it's not scary, lewd, or has rats saying 'shut up and eat your garbage' in it. But I don't have time. I've come across some resources to help me out--one is a website called Screen It that goes into great detail about any questionable content in a movie. It does give away some plot points--but I think it'd be worth it to me to know ahead of time that scary cats chase Stuart Little in his movie! :) Plugged In (from Focus on the Family) is another good website for checking out content of movies, TV and music. And here's a link to the blog where I found Screen It, there are many other sites listed by this mom!

There! Finally some things I've been wanting to post for a week or more!

Happy Memorial Day, and thank you to those who have sacrificed for my freedoms. Despite it's problems, I am glad to live in America.

No comments: