Ducky by Eve Bunting is interesting--a story of a crate of bathtub toys that got spilled in the ocean and drifted--scientists charted where the toys came ashore. It's even based on a true event in 1992! Speedy's favorite page, of course, is the one where a shark is coming up to bite a mouthful of the toys. :)
Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae has been a favorite of Speedy's for a couple months now. Each time we read, the kids pick which fish they are that day. Speedy is usually a shark or jellyfish; Princess is an angelfish or dolphin.
I think 'Finding Nemo' added to the sea-frenzy--as we read, the kids often relate to what happened to Nemo & his dad, like when he jumped on the tops of the jellyfish.
In case you were wondering, I just can't decide how paranoid to be about all this web stuff, so for now, I'm not using the kiddo's real names. Hope it's not too confusing. :)
2 comments:
LOL @ 'The Usual Suspects'. That's great!
I'm always looking for good kids books, thanks! And the kiddos new aliases are so cute and fitting :).
Post a Comment