"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More Sewing??

I'll be the first to admit that my projects don't exactly have the 'wow factor,' but, really, I've had so much trouble with my machine and cutting or sewing straight, that I'm excited to finish anything! These are both with some leftover fabric my friend gave us.

A Thomas the Tank Engine pillow for Speedy! I've had the stuffing since last spring when I picked it up at a garage sale, so I'm always happy to use up some of my stash! Speedy loved the pillow, but tonight was asking where his 'Thomas blankie' was. Sorry, honey, that's what I used to make the pillow!! (He was talking about the fabric.)


A Care Bear blanket for Princess--as if Care Bear fabric itself isn't cool enough, the white parts glow-in-the-dark! I used a piece of flannel-ish material for the back. Sewed the wrong sides together, flipped it right-side-out and stitched around the edge again. I sewed around a few of the moons to hold it in place (it doesn't have batting in it or anything.)

Thanks for humoring me by reading this post. :)

5 comments:

betsyann said...

Yay! I love sewing posts. I think both look lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love the pillows. I know our kids love special pillows and blankets made just for them.

Robynandwes said...

Fun! I don't know how you find the time!

Melanie said...

Thanks. :) Time--I just let something else slide that afternoon, I suppose. It's refreshing to me to be able to finish something like that. I did run out of bobbin thread while working on Jayleigh's blanket, so who knows when I'll sew something else...

Robynandwes said...

No, I haven't read barn dance. I have a gift card from Christmas for Barnes and Nobles and have been debating about what book to buy for Lucas, and then what to buy for me with it! I will have to check that one out.