"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Birthday Blowout

Here are some pics from a totally Speedy day. :) He had to put on his new Thomas watch (you can see it in the gift-opening pic) right away, as soon as I could get it out of the package. Same for his CARS pj's--no matter that it was time to get dressed for the day, not put on another pair of pj's! His 'buddy' came to play for the day, and they had fun with cars, trucks, the farm, balloons, books, playing outside, and getting in a couple fights. (but they can never stay mad for long!) For weeks Speedy had requested a Bob the Builder chocolate cake--the morning of the big day, he switched to a CARS cake. I was almost ready to put on the finishing touches--the cars on the race track--when the phone rang. I turned around, and the boys had smashed and crashed the cars into the cake. I'm surprised they stopped there! It actually turned out pretty appropriately, I think. About 4 hours later, I figured out that I didn't hang the phone up well enough in my hurry to stop the boys. :) Hope you didn't try to call us during that time!



We had a fun party dinner with all the local yokels. The Bob balloon was a gift, too--Princess was dragging it around the house, calling him her prince. If he can't be handsome, at least he's handy. :)

No comments: