"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Are you kidding me??

Nap/rest time had been going pretty well here. :) Sometimes I hear noises from Princess's room during her rest time, getting stuff from her closet to play with. I had been letting that go, because she stays quiet in her room for the hour. Wednesday, her time was up and she came out with a life-size doll that my grandma had made for me when I was younger. Princess said, "We're going to have a ball after school today." I glanced over, and thought, hmm, she found a funny way to put a ponytail in that doll's hair. But, BUT, I looked closer, and she pretty much scalped and mohawked the doll. I didn't know she knew about the scissors I keep in Honey's drawer. This was no 'let's try a little snip to see what happens' type of experiment, but full-blown shearing!


The doll (Lucy, as she's always been known) used to have flowing blond yarn hair past her shoulders. I had to wait to confer with hubby for a consequence. We decided on 'no scissors and no dolls or stuffed animals for a month.' She was quite distraught as we packed up her room that night, (one of those times it is so HARD to be a parent!) but I haven't really heard anything since.

1 comment:

Robynandwes said...

Awe! I probably would have cried myself packing up the dolls and stuffed animals. Maybe she will be a cosmetologist one day. :)