"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Sewing
I thought you may be interested to see the machine I sew on. :) My mom's old one, purchased in 1972. I am excited--she found the manual for me a couple weeks ago--very helpful! And hubby already used the diagrams to take something apart and try to find out why the zigzag doesn't work!
I tried another version of a diaper and wipes holder (why? Just something small to work on and learn on, I guess. This one used the method from the easy peasy snap wallet (thanks for the link, b.l.!)

Of course, I had to make some modifications--next time I will put interfacing right up to the seam edge, because otherwise it's just dumpy. I first had a pretty ribbon to tie it closed, but hubby's voice of reason that it was a little to hard to quickly get in and out of won me over. Anyway, I did sew on my first snap! (even though in retrospect, it wasn't in just the right spot, but I took too long on it to move it!)
Sewing is definitely a learning process for me--and makes me appreciate all the fine seamstresses I know, and the fine things my mom and grandmas and aunts have made me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My sewing machine up until Christmas was a 1974 Singer. I'm very impressed that Shelby was able to fix it for you. I just tried to work around my machine's crazy kinks. (and sometimes cursed it)
Did you use iron on interfacing or sew in?
I don't think Shelby actually got it fixed--figured out what part it was, maybe? What kind is your new machine?
It was iron-on interfacing. I definitely liked how it made it sturdier.
These are great! I am going to have to check out the pattern. I hope he can figure out the zigzag for you. I know how much I love having my sewing machine, even when I am struggling with a project. ;)
Post a Comment