...your shirt looks like a used kleenex
...YOU are the one who has to do all the undesirable household tasks (ex: those certain dishes that NOBODY wants to wash! Sorry, mom, that we always ignored those growing up!)
...you know what clipping all those box top and best choice labels is for
...you know why it's crucial to keep the toilet lid closed
...you pick up the same things over and Over and OVER
...part of your 'workday' includes playtime and storytime and naptime
...you get to give Kissing Hands (The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn)
...your reading list includes parenting how-to's (the latest one I'm reading through is 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' by Tedd Tripp. It presents kind of a different perspective from a lot of other parenting books out there. More focused on changing the heart than just the outward behavior. Neat.)
I also recently read 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen. I don't think I'd ever read it before. My sisters have a little book club, and that was their latest selection. I think society was so interesting back then--some of the things would have been neat for a while, like dressing up for balls and such; but there was such an apparent prejudice based on money and your name. I'm glad that's changed a little.
My time is up--I'm being summoned to the sunny table to check out the latest tomato sprouts!
3 comments:
I love your list. What fun to have you back in my life.
Hi Melanie!
To set up a link, highlight the word or phrase you want the person to be able to click on the get to the link. The at the top, on the tool bar is two chain links in front of a globe (it's to the right of the text color selector), clikc on that and a pop up will have you enter in the web address for that word or phrase. Hit ok and it will be underlined and you are good to go :)!
Take care,
Stephanie
Well, that's not so hard--thanks, Steph!
Post a Comment