"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sewing!

Due to spring break, not snacking (after surgery on my gums), and the sewing machine actually working, I put together a few novice projects:

This is a diaper and wipes holder idea I lifted from diapees & wipees. Made my own pattern, need to do a little tweaking. The bottom was tricky for me, but finally came out close to what I was wanting. The material is from some old sleep pants.

Whipped out this taggie pillow for Honey using the matching cami sleep top. :)

And this one may need some work, it's a cushion cover for Princess' tent/playhouse. Kind of a hexagonal shape. One side opens, and we put in all the throw pillows and large stuffed animals that don't get used a lot, so it doubles as storage!

2 comments:

Robynandwes said...

Nice taggie pillow! Lucas can find the tags on ANYTHING! I was thinking about sewing him a blanket that with a whole bunch of buttons and ribbons on it. Now if I can just find the time..........

Hope you have a great Easter!

betsyann said...

Love to see the projects! I think they all look great. Isn't it fun to reuse old clothes? I like it because it's the ultimate recycling, the material is free, and you don't have to feel bad if it doesn't turn out! My favorite of these is the pillow cover for Jayleigh's tent. Brilliant.