There have been several things over the last year or so that have really caused me to doubt what I knew about God and how He works. It's been frustrating, but has caused my faith to be strengthened as God proves Himself faithful again and again, even if I don't understand all the circumstances. I don't feel like many of my questions have been answered--except realizing that God is God, He is who He says He is, and mostly, we can't understand Him. I came across a quote today that really made me think:
If faith never encounters doubt, if truth never struggles with error, if
good never battles with evil, how can faith know its own power? In my own
pilgrimage, if I have to choose between a faith that has stared doubt in the
eye and made it blink, or a naive faith that has never known the firing
line of doubt, I will choose the former every time.--Gary Parker
Hope it makes you think, too.
2 comments:
Great quote! Makes me pray all the harder for our kids. Thanks for sharing.
Would you want to e-mail me your address? I went digging through a box of old pictures this weekend. Found some church camp photos that will mean more to you than to me..... ~Robyn
If you don't know my e-mail let me know.
Post a Comment