"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally getting better

Yeah, Monday could get worse, as my head continued to feel like it was going to explode and that I was going around in an underwater fog. Whew. Had my OB check-up yesterday, and got an antibiotic, and now, Wednesday night, finally starting to feel better. And Speedy also had 2 kernels of wheat flushed out of his left ear at the doctor yesterday. Yeah, it's been in there over a month, since wheat harvest, and we never would have known unless the Tickle Monster (Uncle C) did a peek in everyone's ear with his otoscope last week. :)

With my sister moving out, a room in the basement opened up. I couldn't decide, but finally opted to use it as our 'school room.' (for home-preschooling Speedy and Princess). They've been very excited about this, and every day Princess has asked me if we can do school, or if we're starting school that day. I'm still trying to get the room organized, but what really held me up was the pain in my head this week. Hopefully next week we'll really figure out our routine and get going. I'm not sure how it will work--Honey will be very distracting if we do it while she's awake; but on the other hand, I've been needing my naps while all three lie down to rest. To help me focus, I'm going to loosely follow the 4-year old curriculum from Hubbard's Cupboard. This is a great, FREE, Christian resource, if you haven't checked it out yet!

I had forgotten how much fun it is to stay up late watching the great athletes in the Olympics. Did you see the USA men's swimming relay and their great comeback? It was awesome! :)

No comments: