"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

{sigh}

Seems like we've had nothing but the sickies since the baby was born. Which is not unusual for January for us, post-children. We bought some elderberry juice concentrate in December, it's supposed to boost your immune system and keep you from getting sick. Well, our trial isn't going well. :)

Speedy was the most recent to have the stomach bug--was throwing up Sunday afternoon. So it was a shock last night, when I FINALLY had Snuggle-bug settled for a couple hours of sleep and was ready to move from the recliner to my comfy bed, and Speedy was in our room, scared. (well, that's not the shocking part,) I heard him mumble something about a bucket and then heard the dreaded splat. (You know what I'm talking about.) Hubby is such a sound sleeper, it took quite a bit to get his attention, and what a rude awakening--he hadn't even heard Speedy come in. The kid threw up all over our bed. All over my pillow, to be exact. My pillow. So, laundry, bath, sit with him a bit, it's after 1 am and I'm ready to crawl in bed to try to snooze. And the baby is ready to eat. So back to the recliner, 'cause she's too congested to lie in bed and eat. I can't decide if it was a short night or a long night. Ugh for winter.

On a funny note, Hubby was in charge of supper last night, so walked with the older 3 kiddos to the local grocery store. Speedy was the usual drama--a bag of bagels was TOO HEAVY to carry back 2 blocks. Honey was in charge of carrying a container of yogurt. She was proud of herself, but was mad we wouldn't let her eat it before supper. In the midst of the dinner-hour hoopla, Hubby found Honey scooted back in a corner with the lid and seal off her blueberry yogurt, eating it with her fingers. She's persistent, anyway.

You may be wondering what Hubby was craving--fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Pretty good, but as I grabbed a chicken leg, I remembered why I don't make fried chicken. (I had a bad experience in college with some undercooked fried chicken at none other than my future husband's house.) Now add to that the midnight vomiting of fried chicken, and it may indeed be awhile before I can eat it again.

2 comments:

betsyann said...

We laughed so hard at the grocery store/dinner hour drama. Thanks.

Melanie said...

Yes, Speedy is our little drama queen. Er, drama king. Drama prince?