"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Queens and Birthdays


You may be wondering about our paint trays. They are the bottom, cut in half (Princess & Speedy) of a votive candle packaging. Honey has the top. The little divots held just enough paint for her. Sometimes I use meat trays or egg cartons, too. I was going to toss these after we were done, but liked them so much I went ahead and washed them to use some more. :)
We're doing a little bit for school lately. :) Still reading some snow and winter books. Princess picked Q for the letter this week, and we made Queens. It's fun to see how each child does it a bit differently!
From left to right: Honey (I helped her), Speedy, and Princess (does a great job cutting on the lines!)Hopefully we'll get to this:
Geometric Shape Castle

And kind of in keeping with the queen theme, we had PAT playgroup today, in honor of our state's birthday. So there are birthday crowns. :)
We made some cute birthday cakes, wrote the kids' names and birthdates on the front, then glued on candles for their current ages. Then taped those purple pockets on the back to hold a couple extra candles to add. And made construction paper state flowers; and tongue depressor photo frames decorated with stately plants. :)

No comments: