I forget how much poking and prodding and how many times different people come in for different tests and such after having a baby. I slept pretty good the second night, though, when they were leaving us alone more. Not sure what was up with the food servings, I thought they were kind of skimpy--I was famished! So wonderful Hubby went and got me an A&W burger and fries. :) Since it was close to Christmas, the hospital had extra gifts for us, it was fun. And there were the other perks from our small hospital (that we got with Honey, too): a mini 4-in A&W glass mug with a flower arrangement, and a CD and some prints of the photos they took of the baby in the hospital.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Friday, January 2, 2009
Baby Fun
Finally, here's the birth story. :) After days and weeks of contractions, false labor, pre-labor, whatever you want to call it, Friday Dec. 19th the contractions started to feel a little more, you know, like the real thing. We took a long walk after school (I had to stop during contractions). We delivered goodie bags to the neighbors, had supper, devotions, put the kids to bed, and around 10 pm I thought we should get ready to go. The contractions were still varied in how far apart they were, but getting more intense, and I got nervous when some were less than 10 min. apart. (we're 40 min. from the small hospital we go to, and Honey was born only 30 min. after we arrived last time!) I called the hospital to say we were coming. (because last time I didn't, and my doctor was scrubbed in to do a c-section when we arrived, and had to be called away to come deliver Honey!) Contractions were 6 min. apart on the way; Hubby thought it was a fairly boring drive compared to the last two deliveries. :) Easy for him to say. We got into the hospital room around 11 pm. I was dilated to a 5. The doctor went home for a bit. It was kind of funny, when the nurse checked me after a bit, she texted the doctor to let him know. Hubby estimated a 4 am baby. I wasn't pleased with that--I was ready to be done! Anyway, I progressed pretty quickly, around 8 or 9 cm my water broke with a bang across the bed, and an hour and a half after arriving, our little girl was born. (12:30 am Dec 20)) Hubby cut the cord, like he has with all our babies. This girl felt bigger (of course!) than her 8 lbs, 3 oz. Our 2nd biggest baby, but longest, at 21-1/2 in. She screamed for an hour straight, it seemed, after being born. But since then, has been our easiest, most content baby! We settled on a name more quickly than the last two, by mid-morning on the 20th. She's named after Hubby's two grandmothers. It's funny how the name always seems awkward at first, the baby has to grow into it, or it has to grow on me, or something. :)
I forget how much poking and prodding and how many times different people come in for different tests and such after having a baby. I slept pretty good the second night, though, when they were leaving us alone more. Not sure what was up with the food servings, I thought they were kind of skimpy--I was famished! So wonderful Hubby went and got me an A&W burger and fries. :) Since it was close to Christmas, the hospital had extra gifts for us, it was fun. And there were the other perks from our small hospital (that we got with Honey, too): a mini 4-in A&W glass mug with a flower arrangement, and a CD and some prints of the photos they took of the baby in the hospital.
She looks like our other kids--especially Speedy, I thought at first. Now it seems like she has more of her own look. We're not sure what color her eyes will be--they were blue in the hospital, but since have seemed more gray or hazelish.
.JPG)
The older sibs were very anxious to meet their new sister!

I forget how much poking and prodding and how many times different people come in for different tests and such after having a baby. I slept pretty good the second night, though, when they were leaving us alone more. Not sure what was up with the food servings, I thought they were kind of skimpy--I was famished! So wonderful Hubby went and got me an A&W burger and fries. :) Since it was close to Christmas, the hospital had extra gifts for us, it was fun. And there were the other perks from our small hospital (that we got with Honey, too): a mini 4-in A&W glass mug with a flower arrangement, and a CD and some prints of the photos they took of the baby in the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your story. I love birthing stories, babies...all that stuff! Even the painful, less than beautiful aspects of child birth fascinate me! Praise God for the miracle of life!
Post a Comment