"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter


It was 56 degrees outside when I went to bed last night. 33 degrees at 4:30 am. And currently 24 degrees with blowing snow. :) The kids are raring to get outside for snowballs, snow angels, and catching snowflakes on their tongues.


But I digress. Yes, 4:30 am. Everyone in the house was up and some were eating breakfast. Honey and I are the only ones with an excuse--she's coming down with something and was awake a lot during the night; I thought labor was picking up, so was up moving around and doing some last minute packing. (It eventually fizzled out, of course. I've been having lots of contractions for several weeks, more yesterday, but nothing regular.)


Sometime in the midst of all this, Speedy and Princess ended up in our bed WIDE AWAKE. Hubby is blaming the change in the weather. So he fed them some cereal, and eventually we all went back to sleep for awhile. We were supposed to go to MOPs today, but between the snow, the lack of sleep, and Honey's cold, it didn't happen.


Our advent candles for lighting during Sunday devotions:
We kept decorating pretty simple--I think I'm done. Here are the kiddos helping hang ornaments on our tree.

I amazingly have everything ordered, made, and wrapped except for one or two gifts. Christmas cards are made and ready, but finishing and sending will come after the baby does. So...I guess that leaves my time for Christmas baking and crafts with the kiddos! (and any other random nesting tendencies that come with opening a messy cupboard...like organizing Princess' closet at 9 pm last night!)

Somebody says, "Bah, Humbug!" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Bah Humbug.
~Robyn