We haven't been doing much school-wise since Thanksgiving. Partly because I lack motivation to do it; partly because I've been on a mission to get gifts and such all done; partly because the kiddos have been having a pretty good time playing and pretending together, and I hate to interrupt that! We have a stash of Christmas and winter books that we have broken out, so of course we read some of those everyday. 2 different days, Speedy has picked 2 versions of 'The Mitten' for his 2 stories. We have the one by Jan Brett, and an older one with some different animals. Another fun one has been a compilation of Little House on the Prairie chapters about their Christmases. I found it on a garage sale, and Princess has been enjoying it.
Here's a couple activities:
Christmas Bow sorting and
Wrapping Paper Patterning from
No Time For Flashcards.

And these suncatchers, inspired by some of Hubby's old school artwork. His are on the left (the more faded tree and the green bell.)

I drew a shape on construction paper; had Princess cut it out (through 2 sheets of construction paper). Then used some of my scrapbooking tools (see, justified!) to cut circles or the wavy shapes out. We fit pieces of tissue paper over the holes, glued them on, then glued the 2 construction paper shapes together.
Speedy didn't make his till today, and I didn't get a pic; but he wanted to add a star to his tree. He had colored a yellow block on some white paper, and I used my star punch to make his tree topper. (and one for Princess, because of course she wanted one, too.)
No comments:
Post a Comment