"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, November 14, 2008

Stories from the past

Our kiddos have reached the age where they LOVE to hear stories that happened to Hubby and I in the past.

Some current favorites are pre-kid when we were riding bikes and had the dogs out in the country and they scared up a skunk under a creek bridge. It has been requested over and over, but they like the way daddy tells it better than me. (He adds cool details that I seem to have forgotten, like that Daisy tossed the skunk up into the air after she caught it.)

Another fave is from Hubby's childhood, maybe age 10 or 11, when he stayed on the line during his mom's conversation and burped into the phone. He ended up having to call the caller back and apologize, and the kids get such a KICK out of this story! I even saw them acting it out with each other one day while they were playing. Too funny!

No comments: