"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, November 14, 2008

Neither here nor there...

...As I get older, (i.e. have been a parent longer), some things start to make more sense. For example, growing up, the kitchen cabinet above the microwave in our house held a hodge-podge of miscellaneous stuff. Medicine, bandaids, art supplies, parts of 4-H projects, jewelry. NOW I understand--as the kiddos get into more, you keep moving it higher and out of sight! That cabinet was one place we couldn't get to, I guess. In my own kitchen now, one of the upper cabinets is home to medicine, gum, scissors, permanent markers, scotch tape, fingernail clippers...I'm sure the list will continue to grow as the kids get into different things and make more messes, and Honey CONTINUES to put EVERYTHING in her mouth. One day this week, (and this is just what I remember) she stuck her hand in the meat sauce bowl and snitched; stuck her hand in the raw hamburger in the pan and snitched (I got her to spit that out--eww!); stuck her hand in the can of cream of mushroom and snitched (but didn't like the taste); was drinking fishpond water out of the rain gauge; and sucking on batteries. Seriously, I don't remember the other 2 kiddos being quite like this. Honey has also started mastering the art of cutting. Not that I want her to have scissors, but she's quick, strong, and loud when I try to wrestle them away. She was not deterred by pinching her finger a bit in the blades, either.
Another recent obsession is chapstick--she wants it constantly. She has a tube that is basically cleaned out that she leaves around so she can apply it as needed. Today I saw her putting chapstick on a Little People puppy. (yes, this is a cow, she was posing for me.)

In other random news, Princess was well for a day and a half, then early this morning started getting sick again. That's NOT the way it's supposed to happen! We were looking forward to a birthday party and football game tonight. :( At least no one else seems to be sick...yet.

Mouse report: I don't know how, but seriously, I hear the mousetrap snap during the night. (or at least I think I do.) So in the morning, I have the kids check the trap, they get the flashlight, and yep, everytime I've heard the snap, there's been a mouse. Hubby has started tally marks on the trap, this will be #4, I believe. Plus the 2 on glue traps and one in the oven drawer. Have we found the whole family YET??

It seems like I have so many fun projects I'd like to work on, and I feel the itch to sew something--but it just doesn't happen. Life gets in the way, I suppose. It puts me in even more awe of the TONS of clothes my mom sewed for us growing up, not to mention the dolls, pound puppies, doll clothes etc. And hubby doesn't understand why I need to stay up so late! That's the only time to have a quiet thought or work on anything without help!

No comments: