"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random Bits

It's been REALLY windy here all week. Tuesday, I think, some plastic grocery bags blew in from their pile by the garage door. Lo and behold, there was something in one of them, and it was the missing toothbrush! I was starting to think I'd gone looney. :)

We caught two more mice this week. Ugh.

A funny from Speedy yesterday: "I don't WANT to share. I'm SELFISH!!!" (Background: we were finishing up our PAT home visit and someone asked for a snack. I said there were leftover pieces of their PB & Js from the day before in the fridge. That's what the fuss was about.)

A couple books I've read lately:

My Antonia (by Willa Cather) A classic that was being promoted in the area to get people reading. I wasn't that impressed, it being a classic and all. It did bring up some interesting points about immigrants to the US trying to make it in Nebraska in the 1700s; but didn't really have a plot (which it said in the introduction), and didn't really leave me feeling like I'd gleaned much from it.

Making Your Home a Haven (by Cindy Salzmann) This was a good, practical, biblical and concise lesson in homemaking. I wish I'd read it several years ago, and I think I'll put it on my list of good bridal shower gifts. :)

And lastly, lest from my queenly Halloween picture, you think I'm one of those people who doesn't show much when they are pregnant, here's a side-view Speedy took for me:

4 comments:

betsyann said...

whoa! the difference in those two pictures of you is insane!

I loved My Antonia--read it one summer in college.

So glad you found the toothbrush!

Melanie said...

Enlighten me about what I missed in My Antonia! (hopefully I didn't offend you with my review!)

Kristin said...

So cute to see your preggo pic! Are you sure you didn't stuff a pillow up your shirt? What a difference!

betsyann said...

Honestly, I can't remember! (sheepish) I think I liked the descriptions and the writing. I always love pioneer stories.