"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, February 11, 2008

Shenanigans

Oh, is it only Monday morning? How can three kids 4 and under have SO much energy?? They're very worried about the trail of ants along the hall--an after-effect of a pop incident on Friday--I dropped a can of pop, it must have hit a cabinet handle and was punctured, it started shooting out of the can and the can was careening and ricocheting all over the kitchen, spraying pop up to 10 feet away (I am not exaggerating, ask the kids!) Needless to say, even after wiping the floor several times, the ants have found some sugar I've missed. I squirted them with vinegar water. Honey was on her way to emptying a Kleenex box this morning; pulling TP off the roll in both bathrooms (we had them back on the rolls for company this weekend, and it only took her about 3 minutes to find it); chewing on the kids scissors; we're working on Valentines and Princess has been asking non-stop how to spell different names, including hers--she gets stuck on the G and H. I'm glad she's doing her letters, of course. :) And Speedy has been needing something or other all morning. He's very persistent, and impossible to distract. So it looks like if the only thing I get done today is the laundry, it will be quite an accomplishment! Although even that is relative: last week 2 pieces of double bubble went through the washer & dryer--of course I blamed Hubby, but he denied it. 3 days later Speedy was asking me for his gum from children's church, because he was ready to eat it. RRRRrrrrr. A different piece of gum caused a ruckus at lunch today. Speedy would NOT finish his PB & J for 40 min. or more, but didn't want to be excused because he wanted gum for dessert. He FINALLY finished his sandwich and put the desired gum in his mouth. 30 seconds later he was done with it and spit it out. Go figure. We're working on not lying with Princess right now. I think she knows exactly what she's doing. For example, after the bathroom, I'll ask her if she washed her hands. "Yep." "Okay, let me smell them." "Oh, actually, I forgot!" And she runs off to wash. I'm really liking our new house, it has more room. But I'm realizing it's a lot longer trip across the house when Princess yells, "Mom, Honey's about to play in the toilet!!" :)
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48
I am thankful for my 3 little blessings, I HAVE been given much! Sorry for this super-long post about relatively little, but I suppose there are some other moms out there who can relate!

2 comments:

betsyann said...

I love this post and the verse at the end. What a wonderful viewpoint. I never thought of that verse in that way, it's brilliant.

Melanie said...

Yeah, I don't know if it's the correct theological interpretation of that verse, but I thought it applied for me!