"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Saturday, February 23, 2008
The Shack
I finished another book last night: 'The Shack' by William P. Young. http://www.theshackbook.com/ My sister-in-law passed it on to me. Anyone heard of it or read it? I guess you'd call it sort of an allegory. I had a really hard time getting through the first four chapters (if you read the back cover of the book, you'd know why). I was wishing I hadn't started reading it, but felt like I had to keep going to get it out of my mind. If you can make it to chapter 5, you'll be okay, I think. It touches on so many aspects of Christian life and questions that come with the hard stuff in life. And presents such a loving, intimate portrait of God--the whole trinity, even--and presents the essence of each part with neat clarity. What's presented seems to mesh with the Bible to me, but I'm not an expert that can vouch for the soundness of all the 'theology.' This sounds cheesy, but the descriptiveness (of ch. 5 on) is also a 'feast for the senses.' :) All in all, it's a pretty thought-provoking book. If you've read it, let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment