"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rocking Out!


We made some 'guitars' out of cereal boxes because the kids always talk about 'rocking out.' I think it's from Sid the Science Kid on PBS, but I'm not sure. I was going to use pipe cleaners for the decorative strings like I saw online, but that wouldn't do because they don't make any noise. We settled for rubber bands. And I had to add straps to go around their necks. Then they rocked out to some Credence Susie Q. It's been a long time since that CD has seen playtime. Princess was playing it during her rest time, too. She wanted a microphone, I said she already had a plastic one. She wanted a 'wood' one like her guitar, so made one herself. It was pretty cute. She anxiously said, 'I hope it works!' (??) Not satisfactory, so she went and got her plastic one. Then wondered how rock stars hold a mike and play guitar at the same time. We didn't have a stand, so she opted to set the guitar down and just watch her reflection singing in the TV screen and entertainment center doors. She wanted everybody to watch her rock out tonight--"I just love rockin' out!"

Earlier today she came out of the bathroom and asked, "Is it okay if we stare at ourself in the mirror?" (We've been having issues with siblings LOOKING at each other, so no staring has been the rule.)

As we watched American Idol tonight, Princess squealed with glee because you-know-who...Tatiana gets a second chance to make it into the top 12.



These 2 yahoos have also learned our phone number. Saturday they called at least 12 times from my in-law's. Glad it's not long distance!

No comments: