"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Less Whiny Post

Honey is getting to that fun stage of understanding so much, and starting to use so many words! :) We pulled up to her cousin's house last night, and as soon as we saw P, Honey said, "Hiee!" with excitement. So cute. And she has added "Ses." (yes) to her "Nooo." that she'd been saying so much. Now if only she would quit putting stuff in her mouth...she had some kaleidoscope (multi-colored) poo this week.


I didn't pass my glucose test for gestational diabetes last week; so had to go back an do the longer 3-hour test. But yay! this time the results came back normal. What a relief.


Speedy had developed that pronounced limp (the doctor couldn't find anything wrong, even did x-rays.) But it now seems to have resolved itself. Another relief.


Hubby's football team is 5-0, which is pretty exciting. In true coach fashion, though, he was not that excited last night because of the sloppiness and mistakes.


I feel like I'm getting into nesting mode--sorting and organizing in the kids' rooms and other places that haven't seen the light of day for awhile. It's just a funny phenomenon when I go to put something away, and I'm not content to shove it in and leave, but have to sort and organize the cabinet, drawer, closet, etc.


And lastly, a 'Have you ever...?'

I was on my way to turn out the kids' lamps at bedtime last week. I stepped on something big and furry. BAREFOOT, mind you. Then it started to scurry away--yes, I did say 'Eek!' or something similar, loud enough for Hubby to come out and check on me. I had squished the HUGE wolf spider by this time, and without his contacts, he squinted, looked down, and said, "it doesn't look that big." He probably saw something about a quarter-sized. I said, "that's because I already squished it and it's curled up!" I'm sure glad that wolf spiders are harmless. But talk about the heebie-jeebies, seriously, I may as well have stepped on a tarantula!


Here's a totally random pic from this summer at my sister's house, just because these posts seem SO boring without any pictures!

1 comment:

Robynandwes said...

It is crazy how fast their vocabulary expands. I put a link to a recipe blog you might be interested in on my blog. ~Robyn