Here's my firstborn--5 years ago. It doesn't seem like that long ago that Hubby and were anxious to see what our little baby would look like, and whether it was a boy or girl. Looking back, we were so naive! :) It's hard to recall what life was like before Princess arrived. We must have had SO much time on our hands!
It's amazing how quickly the joy, responsibility and concern of being a parent descend on you, as you hold this amazing little bundle God used you to create, and wonder how in the world you are going to know what to do when you're sent home from the hospital, with just you and your husband in charge of this tiny being.
Princess was born in a small town hospital, where they couldn't give epidurals, and could count on one hand the number of babies born there in a month. Hers was the only name so far that we were settled on before we went to the hospital, and she was named immediately (unlike our other two!)
And here's our little lady on her birthday--so grown up, yet still wanting to be snuggled, tickled, and wrestled, and the center of attention. To our delight (and dismay, at times) she knows EXACTLY what she wants and how she wants it done. She has a neat gift for nurturing and loves to sing songs from Sunday School and Children's Choir. I pray that she continues to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus, and will serve Him wholeheartedly as she gets older. It will be neat to see other talents and gifts emerging.
Happy Birthday Princess! I love you!
3 comments:
What a beauty. Happy Birthday!
I can't believe it has been so long since we lived by each other in Hillsboro. Ahhhh...the days before kids. Those were days without interruption. I don't make it through anything without interruption these days (not even dinner or sleep, sometimes not even a shower, let alone a football game or television show!). I guess there will come a day when I long to be interrupted so I won't complain, but right now I'm just tired. ;)
I know what you mean about being tired! :)
Post a Comment