"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, September 11, 2008

100 Things About Me

In honor of my 100th post (wow!) I'm following suit of other bloggers and trying to come up with 100 (semi)interesting things about me:


  1. I'm a sinner saved by grace.


  2. I'm a blessed mom of 3, soon to be 4.


  3. I have a wonderful, Christian, patient, kind husband who is also my friend.


  4. I don't have a cell phone.


  5. I don't have cable.


  6. I love chocolate chip cookies.


  7. Well, pretty much anything chocolate, especially dark or semi-sweet.


  8. Favorite foods include: ice cream


  9. Pizza


  10. Italian dishes


  11. Mexican dishes


  12. A good old cheeseburger and fries.


  13. I don't like bananas.


  14. Or applesauce.


  15. I love fall.


  16. I enjoy being outdoors.


  17. I like foot rubs.


  18. And back rubs.


  19. My least favorite chores: ironing


  20. Dusting


  21. I like organizing things.


  22. I love flowers. Just about any kind.


  23. I like taking walks,


  24. Going for bike rides,


  25. Getting dirt under my fingernails.


  26. Hobbies: scrapbooking


  27. A little bit of sewing, I would love to do more!


  28. Cooking


  29. Reading


  30. Playing outside


  31. Gardening


  32. Playing with the kids


  33. I'm hooked on Parents As Teachers


  34. and MOPs


  35. I tend to favor the color purple.


  36. I am low-maintenance in the hair and make-up dept.


  37. My ears are pierced 3 times.


  38. My nose and belly button are not.


  39. Good thing, because I no longer have a belly button after 4 pregnancies.


  40. I'm a little addicted to garage sales.


  41. I get frustrated shopping for clothes.


  42. I don't drink.


  43. I don't smoke.


  44. I have 2 dogs.


  45. I have a non-functioning inground pool.


  46. I journal.


  47. I blog. (duh!)


  48. I facebook.


  49. I don't have an iPod.


  50. I have 2 younger sisters.


  51. And a younger brother.


  52. I have 16 nieces and nephews.


  53. And one more on the way!


  54. I have more ideas than time to do them.


  55. I drive a mini-van.


  56. A teal one.


  57. I have had chicken pox.


  58. And pinkeye.


  59. And ACL surgery.


  60. I'm a college grad.


  61. I can't stand things between my toes (like toe rings, [shiver])


  62. I do a little stamping.


  63. And card-making.


  64. And piano-playing (just a little)


  65. I have driven a combine.


  66. And a 4-wheeler.


  67. I have seen a cow give birth.


  68. I have gone car-hooding in the snow.


  69. I have been rapelling.


  70. I've seen the mountains.


  71. And the oceans.


  72. But not Alaska


  73. Or Hawaii. (sigh)


  74. I've never been overseas.


  75. I can speak un poco Espanol.


  76. I used to know some sign language.


  77. I like football season (goes along with the fall, see #15)


  78. I root for the 'Cats.


  79. My parents are both still living and married.


  80. So are both sets of my grandparents.


  81. Trying new things is mostly out of my comfort zone.


  82. Except in the kitchen, I seem to be more adventurous.


  83. I am a home-body.


  84. I've had some gray hairs since college.


  85. I haven't dyed them...yet.


  86. I have never bungee jumped.


  87. But before I got OLD, I enjoyed roller coasters.


  88. So far, I haven't really minded the labor and delivery part of having babies.


  89. But the last 16 weeks of pregnancy I could do without!


  90. I enjoy doing crosswords, cryptoquote, sudoku, and other word and number games.


  91. Scrabble is one of the top pastimes in our household.


  92. I was recently awarded the 'I have a new favorite pie' distinction.


  93. I have always been a little scared of horses.


  94. I can still fit in some clothes I wore in high school...


  95. But not some from a couple years ago (?)


  96. I wouldn't mind being a little more stylish and glamorous.


  97. I am so tired of automated telemarketer phone calls.


  98. I don't like humidity at all.


  99. I wish I had more hours in the day.


  100. I can't believe I got to 100!

:)

4 comments:

betsyann said...

When you said you liked stamping, I thought at first of "stomping", and pictured you doing some sort of riverdance, and then thought maybe you liked to stomp when you were mad, and then read the next one and thought "oh! stAmping"

I should be in bed.

Melanie said...

I do stomp, too, but just usually when I'm frustrated. :) I'm the one who should be in bed now.

Unknown said...

i like the list. it was cool to learn those things about you.

Anonymous said...

These are great. Wow-one hundred posts and things about you. I think you have more energy then me, and your pregnant! :)