Hmm. Maybe once summer winds down I'll have time to work on some of those projects I was hoping to do DURING the summer! Scrapbooking, sewing, making jam from apricot juice from my grandma, replacing my guaranteed mail-order plants that didn't make it. It's hard to believe that thinking about this fall makes me feel less busy. :) We'll only have football games, PAT events, and 'school' for Princess and Speedy at home. (not much, right? wink) I was excited to see Speedy write a C and an A with sidewalk chalk this week, he really hasn't drawn many recognizable things yet. But then again, he's usually not sitting still for very long unless he's watching a show, playing on the computer, or doing a puzzle. While unloading the van today, I found him peeing in the middle of the front yard. Not right there, buddy! His reply, "why not?"
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we actually get anything from our garden. Things have kind of burned up; but the volunteer pumpkins are still blooming. And climbing the fence. I was going to take them down (won't heavy pumpkins tear the vines?) but hubby said the pumpkins know what they are doing, so I left them alone. :)
2 comments:
Melanie, I was just thinking the same thing this morning, so many of my summer to-do list isn't even close to being checked off. And I know once fall arrives, there is no way it will all fit in. Maybe someday... :)
Yeah, I guess when we're 'retired' we can get to all these projects--I hope I still have some interest in them at that point! :)
Post a Comment