"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Renovations
You may remember that we moved our fish pond this spring. I finally have some before and after pictures! Before:
Before (standing on the front porch): You can see that the pond isn't very level, and there's about zero vegetation or pretty colors in these beds. Blah.
After: We've planted some perennials and a few annuals, Hubby made the lattice for our transplanted clematis, and the fish pond has a more prominent spot! When things slow down, hopefully we'll get the fountain back in the pond, and maybe a limestone waterfall.
We mail-ordered the perennials, they come small, but I'm hoping they will really take off and fill in next year. There is rose moss (annual) in the front, gaillardia, mums, hardy glads (the splash of red toward the back). There are supposed to be some daisies, but I may be getting a refund on those--they haven't done anything! About 1/3 of the creeping phlox has survived, don't think any of the sweet william has. Also 2 Weigela bushes at the back--one seems to be getting a slow start, I think the other one is dead. Mail order is not the way to go for instant impact, but it was pretty cost-effective, and a one year guarantee on your plants living.
Yeah! Blooming blanket flower/gaillardia, one of my favorites that I've been waiting to have in my garden!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Incredible job on the landscaping!
Post a Comment