"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bright spots

My geraniums I saved all winter have come back wonderfully! The picture doesn't really do justice to their pretty coral color. It's nice to look out my kitchen window and see something colorful, finally. And we have wisteria growing on our west fenceline! I finally goodsearched it to figure out what it was. Smells lovely, but it is toxic!
And our somewhat pitiful garden. The beans we planted are the sparse 2 rows on the left, there are 2 broccoli plants from my dad that were doing quite well till it got so hot. On the right are our volunteer pumpkins and volunteer tomatoes. (This was our compost area last year.)
I've been quite disappointed with so many garden things--the lilac I moved with us got killed by spray-drift, apparently. (As have several of my other annuals). And the flowers I started from seed just peter out after transplanting. Never getting vigorous at all. And many of the plants I mail-ordered do not seem to be alive. There's a replacement guarantee, but I hardly had time to plant them the first time! The rose bush and glads are the things doing the best. Maybe we'll see a few blooms this year. Maybe.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Oh, I hate it when plants don't make it. The geraniums and wysteria are lovely. I'm glad you had a safe trip in between all of the crazy weather. There is so much more peace when traveling and feeling God's hand of protection.